Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A few of my Favorite things


As I sit in the middle of January and thinking about things that lay ahead, and go over the last years events. I am amazed at how in 8 months my life could change so much. I was able to see Steve accomplish the goal of leaving on a mission, and on May 28, 2008 our family decreased my one. Then Heavenly Father knowing that I had such an empty hole in my heart decided it was time to send one of Heavens little angels. So just shy of one week of Steve leaving for the MTC, on June 3rd 2008 our darling Lily arrived. With a slap on her bottom, and a loud strong cry from Lil. I was a Grandma. Then on June 25, 2008 our joy doubled. The cutest, chubbiest little boy came into the Stringham family. My heart was full. I will always count these two blessings as one of Heavenly Fathers tender mercies. Knowing that I would feel such emptiness with Steve gone, he brought two wonderful bundles to fill that space. I now had two perfect Grandchildren. Life doesn't get much better. Being a Grandma is one of lifes great treasures

5 comments:

Candy said...

Oh my gosh!! what a cute picture. Lynette you are so very blessed. You have great kids and kids-in-laws, 2 adorable grandkids, and oh yea a great husband. You are very blessed. I want to be like you some day. Love ya Lynette

Joy said...

First of all, sorry my sis did not spell your name correctly. I'll educate her!
That's truly a classic picture. You need to elarge it.
You also need to take a picture of one of the grandkid's bedrooms, send it to Steve and tell him you redecorated his bedroom.

Chelsie said...

hah, i really hope you did redecorate steves room...remember how we're neighbors and i still have yet to be in your house...i think this season of biggest loser our plans are going to have to hold firm! :-) i have a list of all these treats i want to make...not too many dinner though..hmm..might be a problem. i'm rambling. that pic is SO cute. you have the cutest little grandkids...ah! such a good grandma

Melissa said...

Way cute picture! My rea comment is on the other post!

Chelsie said...

so i just tasted one of those cupcakes tonight and they are kind of dry! sorry! they had been sitting in a box for a few days then out all day yesterday! i guess that's what i get for making them 5 days ago right....ah, i'm sure they'll turn out better when you make them