Thursday, February 12, 2009

Save the best for last

With Spring quickly approaching, Ben Lomond is starting to plan the class of 2009's graduation party. And yes that means that Nate will complete his secondary education experience. Really what it means to me is that my baby is done. And I approach this next few months with mixed emotions. First off where have the years gone???? Is our Nater potater, Snate, one of the little boys, really one year away from a mission? I really thought that by the time he went that mothers would be allowed to go along. Hey I still have a few months. Nothings final until he's on the plane, right?
Ya know, the wonderful thing about Nate is that he is a contradiction to the term "baby of the family". Most youngest children are spoiled, needy, a bit bratty, rely on mommy and daddy for EVERYTHING. Not Nate, in fact I have always said, that he saw everything that his older siblings did and didn't do, and decided to do exactly the opposite. Nate has brought us so much joy, and happiness. He has never given us a minute's trouble, obedient to every rule, went above and beyond in all things that he endeavored and has a heart as pure as gold. He has had some wonderful successes, and opportunities. As his Mom, I have always been impressed with how he has taken these awards with a very humble heart, and almost an unbelief that these things were given to him, even though he had worked harder than anyone to earn them.

Nate, on his way to his Sterling Scholar interview. He is Ben Lomond's English Sterling Scholar.
The advisor at the school strongly encouraged the young men to wear suits or suit coats. His first time ever wearing a suit coat. Wasn't too sure about the whole thing.

Favorite Uncle, he is so good with Lily and Adam. They just light up when he comes into the room. He loves seeing them just as much. However Lily looks like she isn't too sure if this is her favorite moment.


Showing off the suspender look with his student body officer sweater. pretty GQ huh!? He's on his way to run the teen court at Ben Lomond, where he is a judge.


Just wanted to show off some of Nate's driving skills in the big storm. Wondered if he wanted to remove the tree. Or just leave plenty of room for everyone to get bye on the driveway.

Nate is a real lady killer, picking up his date for the Valentine dance. What a hotty!!!!!!


Last but not least this is really Nate's love!!!!!! Harmonie is her name. Every passing minute he is with her. Someone could begin to get a bit jealous. It has become his way to unwind, and forget everything, and believe me he does. Actually he is so good on the guitar, and the cool thing is that he taught himself, he even gives lessons. As a family we love nothing more than to sit around and have Nate play and sometimes Matt will sing, or Missy, and it is one of life's good moments, when everything is right with the world.
I just wanted to share these things about Nater because if there is one reality about Nate being the youngest is that sometimes he gets the shaft on time and attention. He doesn't demand anything and so it's easy to just go along and hope that things are good in his world. But I believe the greatest blessing that I have been given is to be Nate's Mom, each and every day with him is truly a "pay day". He has blessed our family and continually awes me with the things that he does and the knowledge that he gains. Some of my wisest lessons have been taught to me by Nate. I know that his life will be one that will be filled with amazing things, and that is how he will want it to be. But for now he is still my Nater potater, and each and every thing that we do at this point is the last, and, yes he is the baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Candy said...

Ok, so let me wipe the tears away first! Wow, I can't believe that this is your baby. Where has the time gone? He is so handsome, that nater,patator(love that). Lynette, all your kids are just so amazing. I love them. By the way, they are amazing because they have amazing parents. Oh, I think Nate should meet my Kate. Wouldn't that be great!! lol I know silly. Love ya

Joy said...

The last of the "little boys". He deserves every single bit of praise you just gave him. Nothing more to say, just love the Nater, or as I call him, "Snate". I always try to say Steve first, since he is the older "litte boy".

Chelsie said...

ah nate! he is pretty great! now that boy needs some cupcake bites! maybe i'll make you guys a batch when we are leaving....a little token of our love for you guys. :-)

Melissa said...

Cute Nate, now if we can get him to put a shirt on once in a while!

Holly T said...

Whhhhhhhhhhhhhat? He is about to graduate?! I swear hes only like 14. I'm an oldie moldie. I can't believe its going to be the graduating class of 2009 now!