Monday, December 29, 2008

Probably the very best Christmas EVER!!!!


This is Nates new guitar, he is in heaven. he even named her (as he informed me all guitars are girls) Harmonie


This Christmas will go down in the record books as the very best one ever. Doesn't get much better that having two 6 month old Grand babies, a wonderful missionary phone call, (more about that later) all the kids at home, and a gorgeous snow storm. I couldn't have ordered it any better. In our fun little house sometimes I worry that we all seem to be under foot of each other. We had 8 adults, 2 babies, and 2 very large boxers. It never phases me, but I always hope that the kids wont find it too crowded, or to crazy to keep coming. To me it all just adds to the fun, and the whole experience. Santa was really generous to Adam and Lily, they both loved their toys, but mostly Adam loved the ribbon and paper, makes for easy gift giving next year. Being all together is the best thing about Christmas. We eat, play games, eat, sing songs, eat, laugh, and then wind up the whole evening with more eating. It was a great Christmas, thanks to my family for their love and patience with their crazy Mom.
So as we end this 2008 and I look back on all of its happenings I am amazed at what a wonderful year it has been for our family. We have been blest in so many ways. It gives me hope for this new year, that it too will be full of new things and wonderful blessings. Happy New Year to you all!!!

9 comments:

Chelsie said...

ah nate will be fighting off the girls with 'harmonie'...i was a sucker for that stuff...then married someone with only the capability to sing well in german. haha. looks like you had a fabulous christmas!! the grand-babies are so stinkin cute! if you guys run out of room you can always party on my -bound to crumble unstable- deck...it's practically designed for a stringham party. i love the pics from steve's mission he looks about a foot taller than everyone ha, and it glowing from the spirit. how great to hear from him

Melissa said...

What I fu Christmas! I agree that Christmas should go on the record books!

ryan and jessica said...

aww our steve!! i will be on the hunt for the perfect girl for him when he gets home! :) he looks so good! again i am offended, we did not get the invite! you are failing at this mother-in-law business, do we have to have a kid to be invited? i am not afraid!! well it was good running into you at walmart! and when you came to the 6th ward. you are ALWAYS welcome there!

Joy said...

So, I hope Steve isn't offended that the first Christmas he's gone is now referred to as the "best Christmas ever!" :)
It's true that the more the merrier! Love the Stringyhams!

Joy said...

Okay, so when I look at your page all I see is "countdown" and it's all zero's. You must have programmed it so I can't see it.

Candy said...

Lynette, your Christmas sounds wonderful. I don't think your kids will ever think your house is to small. To them it will always be home no matter how many people are crowded inside. (Kaitlin said Steven is very cute!) I look forward to the day when I will have grandkids to share Christmas with. Very cute photos. You are doing awesome!!

Shauna said...

Just wanted to remind you the Happy New Year offer ends Mon. Jan. 5th at noon for the free 8x10 print. Spread the word for people to post and e-mail David Bowman by then :) Have a beautiful Sunday! ♥ Hugs! Shauna

Matt and Jess said...

I loved this Christmas too! It couldn't have gone any better! Thanks for such an enjoyable holiday!

BeautyFul said...

YAY!!!! I found you in blogland!

So glad you got it up and running... and apparently for a while now! Where have I been?

Look forward to hearing more!