Thursday, February 4, 2010

Thought January would NEVER end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I could just kick up my heals and shout for joy (except I'd probably tip over)  another January is past.  It seemed to go on & on & on.  But the good thing is I survived .Our Holidays were fantastic, and as usual great memories were created and family ties were strengthened.  Of course speaking with Steve on Christmas day was the highlight.  He struggled a bit with his English, but he sounds so good, and happy. He loves the work, and most important loves the people of Paraguay


.
Some days he says that he works so hard that he's just too pooped to poop, and other days he works so hard that he just can't see straight. I'm not sure if he's ready for everything to start coming to a close, but it's time to start winding up. Part of his Christmas gift to me was he gave us his release date and arrival date. Ya ready! drum roll please. He will be leaving Paraguay June 3rd and he will arrive home June 4th.  I must admit I was a bit disappointed that he wouldn't be home on or a bit earlier than his two year mark but he'll be home none the less, in four months.  Missy and Pat were hopeful that he would be home for Lily's 2nd Bday, as it is the 3rd of June, but he will be a late Bday present.  Now the fun begins. I am excited to start getting his room and the house ready for him to come home, that's my favorite!!!!
    For Christmas Steve sent a package full of different items from Paraguay for each of us. The favorite gift
 was the soccer uniforms that he sent to Lily and Adam.  Lil loved the feel of the silky material, wanted to wear them to bed and chose them to wear every morning.  Cute little Adam with the poochy belly couldn't fit into his shirt.  Maybe baby #2 will be able to wear it. They look like such little cutie patooties.
     Just in case you didn't catch that last statement about baby #2, that's right Matt and Jess are going to have another little chubby bunny July 22nd.  I love being a Grandma more than anything, so the more little ones to spoil all the better.
     Nates trying to decide if he really enjoys this phase of life.  He's so busy with college, full time work, and trying to fit fun in there some where.  Sunday he was made an Elder, crazy to think that he's our last Aaronic Priesthood holder until little Adam, oh my!  It's hard to imagine where the years have gone with Nate.  It still seems like he should be our little "Nater potator head". He will be starting his mission papers within the next few months, and I'm not too sure if my heart can take it. along with me his favorite little people will miss him as I will.
I think that Just as soon as I start to get excited for Steve to come home at the same time I feel that big hole in my heart widen, knowing that Nate will be leaving at that time. Man why did I have Sons, gosh it's tough.  And some say that with each one it gets easier, not true, ya just know how much you're going to miss them.
Matt & Jess are doing super.  Matt working hard at AFCU, and Jess doing her part taking care of two other children during the week, for a little extra income.  Every little bit helps.



Missy and Pat are trudging along.  Still living with Pats Mom, always a fun experience!! Pats working hard in school, studying long hours and having it pay off in test scores. He had a GREAT expereince going to the Dominican Republic helping out with a dental refief program. And Missy is still being Dr. Listons go to gall.  She works so hard, and makes those dental offices run just like a well oiled machine. 
   All and all life for the Stringham Fam. is TERRIFIC!!!!! We are blessed on a daily basis, and find joy in the small things that bring families closer together, and strengthen eternal ties.

5 comments:

Joy said...

Yea!! Look at me!! I haven't checked on other blogs in months, and lo and behold, you posted this today!!! Love the pictures. Love the soccer uniforms! Yea, January is over!! Thanks for the update!

Matt and Jess said...

Yea, fun pictures!! I'm so glad that you posted! Less than four months now and Steve will be home, I can't believe it!!

Chelsie said...

yeah for a new post and yeah that january over...if only it was june like you were hoping!!! it was good to talk to you today, i miss my miss lynette!! and congrats on the new grandbaby on the way, i wish i would have read this before church, so i could have told her today in sacrament, she looks great!!

Melissa said...

Cute Pictures!!!

Holly T said...

I'm glad you've posted again! See? Isn't blogging so awesome? Haha ;)

I have a friend that knew Steve on the mission and I swear everytime I get on facebook he asks me if he is home yet because he thinks he's so cool! But of course, that's because he is!

I love your fam so much! All the updates make me happy :)